WhollyMatrimony.com has been online since 1998, receives well over 50,000 visitors a year (and growing!) and specializes in featuring real destination weddings. Have a unique wedding you think we should feature? A product or service you think couples should know about? A contest to promote your wedding-related business? Whether you’re the couple or a wedding vendor, we would love to talk to you!
We get more and more traffic every day from couples who are planning their destination weddings and are looking for help online. Are you an invitation designer or wedding planner that would like to share tips & tricks and other information on how to plan a destination wedding? We welcome guest posts! Write up what it is you would like to share and send an email to destination@ this website address. Whenever possible, send example photos and images as well. If we post your article, you’ll receive full credit, along with a brief bio write up and links to your site to help our visitors find you!
Real Destination Wedding Submissions
What we are looking for:
- REAL Destination Weddings! The couple traveled two or more hours (approximately 120 miles) for their wedding. If you are a vendor, you are welcome to submit the wedding, but we will have questions for the couple to answer so we can get all the real wedding details.
- We’re also looking for gorgeous, unique locations. Something unusual, unique to your area. Some place that if a couple was traveling there, they would want to go to for their wedding. (It doesn’t have to be a destination wedding for the couple in the photos though.)
- Cool, kitschy, fun, unique weddings full of rich unique details.
- Amazing and wonderful things that every couple should know about!
Who can submit weddings?
- Real Couples! If you are sending us photographs from your wedding that came from a DVD provided by your photographer, be sure to verify with them that it is ok for us to publish it. (Some publications and blogs require that they are the only ones to publish a wedding.)
- Vendors – photographers, florists, cake artists, invitation artists, favor companies, you name it!
Wondering how to submit a wedding?
Send an email to destination@ this website address with 5-10 *small* sample images – a nice mix of photos of the couple, the location, and details from the big day – along with information on the wedding venues and location. If you’re a member of Two Bright Lights, you can submit weddings to us for consideration using their editorial service. We would *love* to hear from you!
- We don’t require exclusive rights to the wedding at this time. Weddings featured on our sites may be featured on other wedding blogs, your blog, or publications. We think gorgeous weddings deserve to be shared!
- Photographers: you may watermark your images with your logo or URL. That way, future clients can find you to work with you as well.
- Copyright: All images and content remain copyright the original creators and is displayed on WhollyMatrimony.com with permission.
- Real Wedding features are a free service; vendors are not required to advertise with WhollyMatrimony.com to be featured in a Real Wedding post.
- Vendors: Ever wanted tips on getting your worked published? The wonderful Lara Casey did a whole Twitter series on how to Get Published – definitely worth reading! Check it out!
Have a giveaway you would like us to share with our readers? Let us know! Send an email to destination@ this website address with details on what you would like to give away and any photographs that we can use for the post and we’ll discuss setting it all up!